What is braising? A combination cooking method using both moist and dry heat; typically the food is first seared at a high temperature and then finished in a covered pot with a variable amount of liquid, resulting in a particular flavor. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braising)
Braised Tofu: http://www.vegancookingwithlove.com/2014/01/braised-tofu/
1 block pressed, cut into whatever shape you like
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cold water
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Dry fry the tofu on both sides in a nonstick pan on medium heat (without oil), in batches if necessary.
2. Add ingredients for braising liquid to a small bowl and stir to mix well.
3. Return all of the tofu to the pan if you had to cook it in batches.
4. Add the braising liquid, turn heat down to medium low, simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
5. Uncover, turn up heat and reduce liquid for 5 minutes.
6. Mix cornstarch with cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
7. With a slotted spoon or slotted spatula, remove tofu.
8. Add slurry to pan and stir into remaining braising liquid until thickened. Should take less than a minute.
9. Pour sauce over tofu.
Get the latest videos from Vegan Cooking with Love! http://goo.gl/hPwGqz
STAY IN TOUCH
Website | http://vegancookingwithlove.com
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+VeganCookingWithLove/
Twitter | http://twitter.com/vegancookingwl
Facebook | http://facebook.com/vegancookingwithlove
Pinterest | http://pinterest.com/vegancookingwl/
Instagram | michelleej08
COURSE COUPON CODE
"How to Make Cooking Videos: The Basics"
Get 50% off with coupon code: YOUROCK