Wannabe Falafels with Vegan Tzatziki:
Yield: 8 patties; 2 per serving (4 servings)
2 slices bread, torn into pieces
¼ cup milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1 cup dry chickpeas/garbanzo beans, soaked overnight in enough water to cover them once they double in size
2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Oil, enough to pan fry the falafels
1. Place bread in small bowl and pour milk over it. Use your fingers to make sure that all of the bread is soaked with milk. Set aside.
2. Mix cornstarch with cold water and set aside.
3. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and pour them in the food processor.
4. Pour in the cornstarch mixture, vegan mayonnaise, salt, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
5. Pulse until the chickpeas are finely chopped but not mushy.
6. Squeeze the bread and drop it in the food processor.
7. Pulse the chickpeas a few more times to make sure the bread is evenly incorporated.
8. Scoop out ¼ cup of the mixture and flatten to form each patty.
9. Heat a pan on medium heat and add enough canola oil to coat the bottom.
10. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side until brown.
1, 12 ounce package firm silken tofu
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon dried dill
¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber (about 1 cucumber)
1. Blend tofu, lemon juice, canola oil, dill, garlic, salt and black pepper in a blender
2. Transfer it to a bowl.
3. Place diced cucumber in a towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
4. Stir the cucumber into the bowl.
Get the latest videos from Vegan Cooking with Love! http://goo.gl/hPwGqz
STAY IN TOUCH
Website | http://vegancookingwithlove.com
Facebook | http://facebook.com/vegancookingwithlove
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+VeganCookingWithLove/
Instagram | vegancookingwithlove
Pinterest | http://pinterest.com/vegancookingwl/
Twitter | http://twitter.com/vegancookingwl
COURSE COUPON CODE
"How to Make Cooking Videos: The Basics"
Get 50% off with coupon code: YOUROCK