DESCRIPTION: Sex steroid hormones in meat, eggs, and dairy may help explain the link between saturated fat intake and declining sperm counts.
What does saturated fat have to do with semen quality? Check out my last video The Role of Diet in Declining Sperm Counts (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-diet-in-declining-sperm-counts).
What about the phytoestrogens in soy? See The Effect of Soy on Precocious Puberty (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effect-of-soy-on-precocious-puberty/).
More on hormones in dairy in:
• Skim Milk and Acne (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/skim-milk-and-acne/)
• National Dairy Council on Acne and Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/national-dairy-council-on-acne-and-milk/)
• The Acne-Promoting Effects of Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-acne-promoting-effects-of-milk/)
• Saving Lives By Treating Acne With Diet (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/saving-lives-by-treating-acne-with-diet/)
• Prostate Cancer: Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/)
Neurotoxic chemicals in the dairy supply have been blamed for neurological conditions as well. See my video Preventing Parkinson’s Disease with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-parkinsons-disease-with-diet/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-estrogen-and-male-fertility/ and he'll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate